11.2.07

Me pica el pie #3

(para versión española ve a Comments al pie de este texto)

It took me a long time to come back here and continue my “Me pica el pie” saga. The reason is my travel details have been quite uncertain for some time. Not really something to do with me… (I’ll give more details) but in any case, a situation in which you don’t quite feel like explaining anything to anyone.

But now, my next three months are clearer than ever. I already bought my ticket to Tokyo. A return ticket of course, because otherwise immigration authorities would not allow me in. I’m leaving the Canaries in a couple of weeks time, and arriving in Tokyo by the end of the month. I will be staying a few days in Madrid, visiting friends, making last-minute shopping and also some professional contacts. Then I will fly to Narita Airport, stay in Tokyo for about 8 days and then head off to my final destination, where I’ll stay a minimum of three months.

I’m slightly disappointed because my original intentions were going to Scotland, spending a good couple of weeks there and then ride a train to London and departure to Japan from there. However, money-wise it is much more interesting to fly from Madrid. Don’t ask me why, but the case is that it’s dead cheaper to fly from Madrid to London and then to Tokyo (with the same ticket) with British Airways, than it is to fly from London to Tokyo with any carrier. Or at least that was the situation the day I phoned London and Madrid travel agents. So I came across this (believe me) incredible bargain and I couldn’t say no. So my plans for Bonnie Scotland have vanished like a thin Edinburgh morning mist.

Instead I’ll be staying in Madrid and in Tokyo catching up with friends and getting. My plan after Tokyo is volunteering for as long as I can in a WWOOF farm called Pelan Village, run by the Shimizu family, in the remote Ogasawara (aka Bonin Islands) archipelago, at around 600 miles south east of Tokyo city in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Oh, boy.

3 comments:

pikalpie said...

Ahora sí que estoy en condiciones de contar cuándo, cómo, y a qué me voy a Japón. En los últimos días he pasado de un estado de ansiedad bastante incómodo a causa de la falta de concreción de mis planes para irme, a una completa satisfacción porque todo está claro y encima, porque ya están todos los arreglos del viaje hechos. Así que ahora me siento seguro de contar qué va a pasar en las próximas semanas.

En dos semanas volaré a Madrid con el fin de pasar unos 5 días haciendo varias cosillas hasta que a finales de mes vuele desde Madrid hasta Tokio, para así empezar mi aventura japonesa. Mi plan anteriormente consistía en volar desde Londres debido a que pensaba que sería más barato. Pero gracias a la agencia de viajes H.I.S. de Madrid y a su super-eficiente equipo, he visto lo MUCHO más barato que sale desde Madrid. Si alguien ha tenido el mismo dilema que yo y ha visto que hay una manera de volar desde Londres más barato, que me escriba y me lo cuente, porfa.

Pensaba ir a Escocia y ver a todos los amigos de allí y pasar unos días caminando por su campiña, y con suerte ver las primeras campanillas del año saliendo de la tierra. Pero visto lo visto, me quedo en Madrid y me ahorro unas pelas, que me van a venir bien.

Cuando llegue a Tokio me quedaré con amigos durante 8 días más o menos, a fin de ponerme al día con ellos, ver la ciudad, quizás hacer algo de relaciones públicas laborales y con muchísima suerte, acudir a alguna entrevista de trabajo.

A los 8 días, arranco la caña de Tokio y me dirijo al archipiélago de Ogasawara, también conocido como las islas Bonin, a unos 1.000 km al sur este de Tokio ciudad, justo en medio del Océano Pacífico y a una latitud casi igual a la de las Islas Canarias y el archipiélago japonés de Okinawa. Allí estaré todo el tiempo que pueda trabajando de voluntario WWOOF en la granja de la familia Shimizu, conocida como Pelan Village. Ese es el resumen. Ya contaré detalles. Ciao.

Anonymous said...

edo - firstly sorry I didn't reply to your post on my site. Please look me up if you're in Osaka or Kyoto - I'm gonna be here until May I think, then, sadly my 3 years are up.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Edo, I cannot wait to see you in Tokyo! Hope everything is ok with you. Maki xx